Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A teacher's comments ...

Teacher called from Mt. Vernon after hearing a keynote I gave last year:

"It makes me cry when I think what is happening to our kids. The kids I serve are black, I am not, I am white. I am not allowed to run free clinics. Parents are not empowered. I am crying as I am talking with you. Teachers have to be stopped from laziness and inertia. I have a parent getting an attorney out of frustration. These are lives!! I am angry beyond words. Last year a fourth grade students threatened his life. He told me he didn't have a friend...and started to sob! He told me his teachers' didn't care about him and thought he was just going to fail, no matter what they did or he did. It breaks my heart! Teachers crush it! People are leaving in droves and feels very alone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home